I was late for work today, so I had a chance to listen to Rush Limbaugh in the car.
Since Al Gore was given the Nobel Peace Prize this morning, I figured Rush would be particularly entertaining today. In the few minutes I listened, he said:
- The Nobel Prize committee is a joke
- The Nobel Prize committee is a bunch of socialist Swedes
- “the Clintons” hate Gore because he’s rich
- Gore hates “the Clintons” because after 2000 they stole the Democratic Party leadership from him
- The Nobel Peace Prize is meaningless because of the inadequacy of past recipients, namely Yassar Arafat and Jimmy Carter
- “the Clintons” are “hell-bent” on getting rich, and might be getting money from Norman Hsu
These are just the things I can remember that he said in a three-minute period. I don’t know how Bill and Hillary Clinton became part of the story, but I’m sure the ditto-heads were delighted to hear their names again. There were, of course, a few more remarks that I can’t remember, but there was also his tone of voice, which was dripping with sarcasm and a kind of giddy, manic, pseudo-gotcha glee. Pseudo because he ain’t got shit.
The Nobel Peace Prize is prestigious. The right wingnuts know this, even as they try to deny it. It’s often controversial, but if it’s such a joke, why spend any time making fun of it? Rush ain’t got shit, and the Republicans ain’t got shit. Limbaugh is a clown, an entertainer who has figured out where the money is and who will say whatever it takes to keep it flowing. He’s good at his job, unfortunately, but he seems to be talking crazier and crazier shit as the fortunes of the Right decline.
Note to the righ wing slime and disinformation machine. Al Gore won the Nobel Peace Prize, and you didn’t. Get over it.